Vacation Specialist? Vacation Planner? Travel Expert?
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
Having a genuine love for travel is an essential attribute when considering a career in the travel industry. But there are other important qualities a Pixie and Pirate Destinations Dream Vacation Planner must have to succeed.
Do ALL of the following statements apply to you?
- I WANT TO RUN A BUSINESS. And I have a good understanding of what is expected as a professional businessperson.
- I have a LARGE circle of friends and family, with many personal and business connections within my local community.
- I am a high energy person with a lot of drive to work hard.
- I am detail oriented and organized.
- I have great phone and email etiquette - including almost perfect grammar!
- I have great computer skills and feel comfortable navigating through websites.
- I have access to a high speed internet connection, a word processor, and a fax machine.
- I am sales oriented and I have a desire to succeed in a fast-paced industry.
- I am comfortable working independently and can strive to meet goals - both my own and those given to me.
- I understand this is a LONG TERM commitment and not a "get rich quick" kind of opportunity. I am committed to spending 12+ months on my business before seeing results.
- I can devote 35+ hours per week on building and maintaining my business. SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, not just various days.
- I am willing to build my client base on my own and spread the word that I am a dream vacation planner!
- I LOVE travel!
If so, you may be a great candidate to join the Pixie and Pirate Destinations team!
What kind of travel experience are we looking for?
- Disney travel experience is preferred. Whether it's Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney or Aulani - an annual trip to a Disney destination is preferred. Along with a lot of previous Disney travel experience.
- We would like to add more team members to the company with plentiful travel experience to the following destinations:
- Universal Orlando
- Sandals and Beaches Resorts
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Princess Cruise Line
- Recent travel to Mexico, Europe, Asia, Africa - all of these destinations are places we are growing our knowledge base.
- If you have any recent travel experience (in the last 5 years) to any of the above destinations, please be sure to list them and explain in depth in the specified area on the application.
How does Pixie and Pirate Destinations support the DVPs that are part of the team?
- Access to a policy manual that contains valuable information on how to build your business and service your clients
- Continuous support via email or phone from the leaders of the company
- Consistent and continuous email updates from the owner of the company - includes new training info, Disney updates, personal news, etc.
- Agent incentives (from time to time)
- Team work and team camaraderie - includes access to others just like you building a business and growing a client base
Does the above describe what you are looking for?
If so, great! At this time you can apply to be considered for a full-time, commission based travel planner.
The anticipated timeline for our upcoming hiring of new team members is as follows (this is subject to change):
December 1, 2016 - January 15, 2017 - application process and acceptance
January 18, 2017 - informational phone call
January 18-27, 2017 - follow up interviews
February 13 - April 7, 2017- new agent training program (during this time new team members will not be actively working with clients) - new agents should be readily available to attend weekly training sessions, in addition to many daily activities and communications
Assuming all of this sounds like the dream job you are looking for, thank you for your consideration and please proceed to the application to apply for a Dream Vacation Planner position with Pixie and Pirate Destinations. We look forward to hearing from you.
**We are looking for BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS - not super fans. **